Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service implies depositing and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server administered by a hosting vendor. There are different sorts of hosting services used for different aims, so let's take a look at them. In that way, you can decide what you want, based on whether you'd like to create a website, email accounts, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by certain vendors, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file storage packages frequently include adverts next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would divide the load between individual hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different web page hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a big number of images with pals or partners since the solution is mostly free. You will receive a random link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your email addresses. Some companies provide website hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to own an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a website, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can create mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with several video files and several hundred site visitors, you may have a problem with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to use as many video files as you want without worrying about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to run a site. To some extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and email accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Web Hosting Free Trial, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse compared with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for particular content solely.